1. SEPHORA COLLECTION, "Le Waterproof Mascara" $12 2. Clinique 'Moisture Surge'
CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum Sunscreen, $35 3. Laura Mercier
Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free, $43 4. Butter London Nail Lacquer, Poole 0.4 oz,
$15 5. Dior Addict color enhancing lip balm, $34 6. Bobbi Brown blotting papers, $24
When it comes to makeup during your summer vacation, it's always important to keep your look light and fresh-faced. After all, this is a time when under-eye circles fade along with the chirping sounds of alarm clocks. This summer, not only can you feel your best, but you can also look your best by adding a few essential products to your makeup bag.
1. WATERPROOF MASCARA: This item is a no-brainer; from roughing the increasing humidity to the ocean's waves, this product is a must-have. Never do you want your mascara to smudge or run down your face as if you've been crying for hours.
2. BROAD SPECTRUM SUNSCREEN: Another no-brainer, this item is the most important of the above items. To avoid future wrinkles, sunspots and beyond, you're going to want to provide your delicate facial skin with the most protection as possible. I like to use ultra-shear products that create a thin, weightless layer underneath makeup. The above item is your one-stop-shop for glowing skin: it hydrates, perfects, and protects your skin with just one application. The ultra-thin formula color-corrects your complexion while simultaneously brightening it with its CC complex.
3. TINTED MOISTURIZER: This product can be worn on top of sunscreen or alone. The product acts as a lightweight moisturizing agent while also warming up your palette with a hint of color. Use this instead of ordinary foundation and you'll look as if you aren't wearing makeup at all!
4. A PASTEL POLISH: This summer, pastel polishes are taking center stage. Refresh your look with a pop of color. Try Butter London's egg blue creme color - it applies smoothly and fits perfectly into summer 2013's charming palette.
5. LIP BALM: Lips can get sunburnt, too! Dior Addict's sheer lip balm (pictured above) contains SPF 10. The balm, when applied to your lips, adjusts to your natural lip color to bolden your natural color. Within five minutes, your lips will look a touch deeper than bare-skinned.
6: BLOTTING PAPERS: With intense humidity, makeup is more susceptible to running or gathering a thin oil slick. Without ruining your makeup, you can pat your face dry using small, travel-ready blotting sheets.
What are some of your favorite summertime items?